As part of the 33rd National Eye Donation Fortnight, 25 August - 8 September 2018, a series of awareness activities including awareness talks and rallies on eye donation were organized across the LVPEI network for patients, medical staff, local NGOs and the general public.
The Ramayamma International Eye Bank (RIEB), Hyderabad:-
- Kiosks for eye donation were set-up in all the hospitals that are part of RIEB’s Hospital Cornea Retrieval Program (HCRP) in Hyderabad, Warangal, Karimnagar, Kurnool and Anantapuramu. Pledge forms and information leaflets were distributed to the patients and visitors in the hospitals. Eye donation awareness talks were organized for the nursing and paramedical staff of these hospitals.
- Awareness programs with support from the local staff of the District Blindness Control Society (DBCS) were organized in Kurnool and Anantapurama.
Drushti Daan Eye Bank, Bhubaneswar:-
- An awareness program on eye donation was organized at Cuttack which received active participation from the local NGOs.
- Additionally, awareness talks were organized at the Chief District Medical Office, Khurdha, Odisha. An awareness rally was also organized and was actively attended by the nursing students and Aasha workers.
Mohsin Eye Bank, Visakhapatnam:-
- Kiosks for eye donation were set-up in all the HCRP hospitals and pledge forms and information leaflets were distributed. Eye donation awareness talks were organized for the nursing and paramedical staff of these hospitals.
Tej Kohli Eye Bank, Vijayawada:-
- Awareness talks were organized for students and teachers of government schools in Tadigadapa and Pernamaluru in Krishna District. The students and teachers also participated in the eye donation awareness rally.
- A meeting was organized for the recipient and donor families to highlight the importance of eye donation.
- Awareness talks were also organized for the nursing and paramedical staff at Government General Hospital, Guntur.
- Awareness posters were displayed at the HCRP connected hospitals.