The seventh annual meeting of ‘Eye and Systemic Diseases, Looking Beyond the Eye' was held at LVPEI's Visakhapatnam campus from 3-4 August 2019. It was attended by 135 delegates from across the country (including 35 delegates who attended it through web-streaming) and the focus was on to understand the Neuro-imaging principles and findings in the common Neuro-ophthalmological conditions. Dr Amit M Saindane from Emory University, Atlanta delivered the guest lecture on 'Neuroimaging in IIH (Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension) and related conditions'. Additionally, diagnostic and management challenges in the Neuro-ophthalmological disorders were discussed. The highlights of the meeting were:
- Sessions on Principles of CT and MRI (Befriend your MRI)
- Radio-anatomy session- with parallel sessions by Neuro-ophthalmologists and Neuro-radiologists
- Session on Neuro-vascular neuroimaging
- Hybrid Clinical Sessions with case-based discussions into the common and Atypical Neuro-imaging findings
- Synopsis at the end of each session to reiterate what could be applied
- Vastly experienced Neuro-ophthalmology, Neuro-radiology, Neurology and Neuro-surgery guest faculty
Testimonials from a delegate
The meeting had exceptional stuff with very high standards as usual. Kudos to the entire team for organising such a phenomenal event and making it a grand success. Look forward to attending such useful sessions in future as well.
Dr Priya Chandrasekaran, Consultant Ophthalmologist, Aravind Hospitals, Coimbatore
What a fantastic show! The case discussions, the Ophthalmology & Radiology talks and the scientific content were fabulous. Having attended many conferences all over the country in the last 35 years, you take the cake!
Dr Chandresh Parekh, Consultant Ophthalmologist, Grant Road, Mumbai
Many congratulations Dr Virender and team for your great effort and commitment. The recently concluded conference was indeed a scientific feast. Sorry for missing out in person, but caught it online. Thanks for making us learn!!
Dr Sumit Monga, Consultant Ophthalmologist, Centre for Sight, New Delhi
Wonderful and very informative CME. Please keep conducting programs like this.
Dr Ashwini, Radiologist, Seven Hills Hospital, Visakhapatnam