L V Prasad Eye Institute is a comprehensive eye health facility with its main campus located in Hyderabad, India. A World Health Organization Collaborating Centre for Prevention of Blindness, the Institute offers comprehensive patient care, sight enhancement and rehabilitation services and high-impact rural eye health programs. It also pursues cutting edge research and offers training in human resources for all levels of ophthalmic personnel.
LVPEI's mission is to provide equitable and efficient eye care to all sections of society. Since establishment in 1987 we have:
• Served over 18 million (1.8 crore) people with more than 50% services provided free of cost, regardless of complexity
• Seen over 85 lakh outpatients and conducted over 9 lakh surgeries
• Provided direct service to over 3000 villages through secondary and primary care
• Trained 18,100 eye care professionals from India and abroad
• Awarded 35 PhDs and published over 1550 research papers
• Helped rehabilitate over 1,25,000 persons with irreversible blindness or low vision
• Harvested over 48,000 donor corneas, and transplanted over 22,750 of them to needy patients
• Helped upgrade eye care programs in 18 states of India and 16 other countries
The LVPEI network includes a Centre of Excellence in Hyderabad, 3 tertiary centres in Bhubaneswar, Visakhapatnam and Vijayawada, 11 secondary and 109 primary care centres that cover the remotest rural areas in the four states of Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Odisha and Karnataka.
The Institute's innovative and comprehensive approach to community eye health, the LVPEI Eye Health Pyramid, has been adopted as a model by the Government of India and by other developing countries.
LVPEI is a not-for-profit organization governed by two trusts: the Hyderabad Eye Institute and the Hyderabad Eye Research Foundation. The Institute is a World Health Organization Collaborating Centre for Prevention of Blindness and a Global Resource Center for VISION 2020: The Right to Sight initiative. The Institute's Kallam Anji Reddy campus in Hyderabad and the Bhubaneswar Campus are accredited by the National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH).
NABH Re-Accreditation for KAR Campus
TOGETHER with our LVPEI family in Vizag
PAVI Workshop on Yoga
World Sight Day
Protect Your Eyes This Festive Season
Retinopathy of Prematurity THIRTY DAYS TO LIGHT!
Cracker cases at LVPEI
Open Your Eyes to Diabetic Retinopathy
Tomy is not doen yet!